Having a pool is great and the people who use it most are very likely the children. Cleaning the pool regularly is essential and the easiest way to do it is to use an automatic pool cleaner. Even then, you’ll still need to scoop leaves and debris from the surface daily. You may even need to manually scrub the walls and other surfaces that are in the water. This is a hard job, so why not get the children involved by making it a competitive game. Do it like this:-
- Divide off the wall into manageable sections. Use string or coloured wool slightly longer than the depth of the pool. Attach a weight to each end and have one end on the edge of the pool and the other end right below it on the base.
- Have a brush for each child, preferably all different colours.
- Use witches hats or some other marker with each child’s initials on them to define ‘their’ section. Once each section is cleaned, the hats get stacked somewhere back from the edge.
- No child is allowed to cheat by placing their competitor’s hats back on the edge.
- Supervise so each section is properly scrubbed. Smaller sections are the best.